Alex Senchenkov, M.D., FACS
- M.D., UKRAINE STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, KIEV, UKRAINE, 1986-1993
- PLASTIC SURGERY, MAYO CLINIC, ROCHESTER, MN, 2004-2006
- GENERAL SURGERY, MEDICAL COLLEGE OF OHIO, TOLEDO, OH, 1999-2004
- HEAD AND NECK SURGICAL ONCOLOGY, UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, CINCINNATI, OH, 2007-2008
- MICROVASCULAR RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, PITTSBURGH, PA, 2006-2007
- AMERICAN BOARD OF SURGERY
- AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY
Alex Senchenkov, M.D., FACS, grew up in Kiev, the capital city of Ukraine, while it was still part of the Soviet Union. An injury at the age of 11 and the subsequent treatment he received sparked an interest in medicine that he fostered into a career.
As a medical student, his first exposure to microvascular reconstruction led him to specialize in plastic surgery. He continues to have a keen interest in many of the reconstructive aspects of the specialty to this day.
“I enjoy the impact that we make on the patients’ lives,” he said. “In one day we can make a profound difference on the rest of their lives.”
Outside of work, Dr. Senchenkov enjoys spending time reading and going for an occasional swim.