COSMETIC SURGERY AND BREAST RECONSTRUCTION
Daniel Westawski, M.D., FACS
- M.D., JEFFERSON MEDICAL COLLEGE, THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 1988-1992
- B.S., UNIVERSITY OF SCRANTON, SCRANTON, PA, 1984-1988
- PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY RESIDENCY, UNIVERSITY OF UTAH, SALT LAKE CITY, UT, 1997-1999
- GENERAL SURGERY RESIDENCY, ALBERT EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 1993-1997
- GENERAL SURGERY INTERNSHIP, ALBERT EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 1992-1993
- HAND AND MICROSURGERY FELLOWSHIP, UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 1999-2000
- AMERICAN BOARD OF SURGERY
- AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY
- NATIONAL BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS
Starting in healthcare at 16, Daniel Westawksi, M.D., FACS, always knew what he wanted to do. Becoming enamored with plastic surgery after his days helping surgeons in the emergency room, Dr. Westawksi found his way back to plastics after having worked with nearly every other specialty.
“At that time, the only path was to become board certified in general surgery or ENT and then do a fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery,” Westawski said. “That was my path, and the broad spectrum of experience I gained is what makes it exciting.”
With almost 20 years of experience in the specialty, Dr. Westawski’s favorite moments are the triumphs of people over their disease or situation.
“The specialty really mixes well with and compliments all the medical and surgical physicians,” Westawski said. “We repair bones of the face and hands, muscles and joints, skin and body contouring. We rebuild, reshape and enhance in order for our patients to live their best selves.”
In his free time, Dr. Westawski enjoys playing tennis and cycling and is looking forward to getting back to horseback riding.